Blog Tour: ALL THE RAGE by Courtney Summers

Monday, 30 March 2015




Book: All The Rage 

Author: Courtney Summers

Publisher: Raincoast Books

Publication Date: April 14th, 2015

Pages: 336 Pages

Format: ARC provided by the publisher

Source: Raincoast Books

Where to Buy: Amazon CA, Book Depository, Chapters Indigo
Check out ALL THE RAGE on the Raincoast Website!




The sheriff’s son, Kellan Turner, is not the golden boy everyone thinks he is, and Romy Grey knows that for a fact. Because no one wants to believe a girl from the wrong side of town, the truth about him has cost her everything—friends, family, and her community. Branded a liar and bullied relentlessly by a group of kids she used to hang out with, Romy’s only refuge is the diner where she works outside of town. No one knows her name or her past there; she can finally be anonymous. But when a girl with ties to both Romy and Kellan goes missing after a party, and news of him assaulting another girl in a town close by gets out, Romy must decide whether she wants to fight or carry the burden of knowing more girls could get hurt if she doesn’t speak up. Nobody believed her the first time—and they certainly won’t now — but the cost of her silence might be more than she can bear. 

With a shocking conclusion and writing that will absolutely knock you out,All the Rage examines the shame and silence inflicted upon young women after an act of sexual violence, forcing us to ask ourselves: In a culture that refuses to protect its young girls, how can they survive?




All the Rage hit me hard, right in the feels. It was raw, unapologetic, and It wasn't scared to knock you out. I think that's what made me love this one so much. It's such a great story with real and palpable characters that are in situations that are just far too real, and the fact that Courtney Summers didn't hide behind anything was really great and really refreshing to read. This was my first Courtney Summers read, and man, I can't wait for my next one.

One of my favourite parts about All the Rage, was that Romy felt like someone that I could have gone to school with, or probably went to school with. She's such a contemporary character that brought this sense of unedited reality to the story. While I was reading, I kept thinking about how I could have passed a Romy in the halls - Lipstick and Nailpolish included. She was the real driving force behind the book, and there were some lines that just had my heart break. I wanted to just hold her, and protect her from everyone. She got close to me, and I just don't know how i'm going to let go.

This book does deal with a lot of dark and gritty subject matter, and I think that characters like Romy helped facilitate that conversation. Had Romy been less real, I wouldn't have believed her story. But Courtney Summers did such an amazing job of writing Romy's world to be just as raw and unforgiving as she was. Romy's life is filled with disappointments and tragedies, and the fear that she feels is so relatable, and so palpable. The subject matter in this book did not dictate the story, or even categorize it. While there are so many books that are simply just books about sexual abuse and assault, All the Rage stands out. It's not just another book, it's a character's story, and it's so amazing to read something like this.

Courtney Summers has blown me away not only with her characters, but with her writing as well. There were parts when I look down, and when I looked back up again, I had been reading for well over an hour. And there were some parts that packed such a punch, I had to walk away for a few minutes. I was so impressed by her writing and I cannot wait to dive into more of her works.

All the Rage is a story that hits hard, and doesn't apologize for it. It tell's Romy's story, and it gives you the good, the bad, and the ugly, whether or not you wanted it. And I can tell that this will stay with me for a long time. 

4.5/5 stars.

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you want to keep up with the rest of the blog tour, check out where the next stops are! Thanks for Raincoast Books for setting all of this up and providing ARCs!



Thanks so much for reading, and until next time, happy reading!



1 comment

  1. I have been dying to read this. I love that you say it was raw and unapologetic. That sounds great. Love your blog btw!

    Great Review!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete